Transistion to Employment

Recyclable Donations

The Graham County Rehabilitation Center accepts almost all types of recyclable material, including metals, plastics, and paper products. GCRC does not accept styrofoam or glass at this time.


GCRC accepts all types of rigid plastic and plastic film. Below is a list of all the types of plastic GCRC accepts. Plastics are classified by resin type and identified by a triangle with a number in the center. GCRC accepts resins numbers 1 through 7, excluding number 3.
Number 1 Plastic: Number 1 plastic is identified by recycling triangle with a number 1 in the center and the letters PET beneath. It is most commonly used for water bottles, soda bottles, sports drinks, syrup bottles, ketchup bottles, and other types of beverage drinks. It can be either clear or tinted almost any color. There is no need to remove the labels; removing the lids is preferred but not required. Number 1 can be added to the mixed containers. (see the Home Recycling Guide for more information.)
Number 2 Plastic: Number 2 plastic (HDPE) is most commonly used as milk containers, juice bottles, detergent bottles, cleaner bottles, and some types of plastic tote type containers. The label is usually printed directly on the bottle. Because the bottles usually contain milk which sours or some type of hazardous substance, we ask that the bottles please at least have a single rinse before donating. Number 2 plastics may be bagged with other mixed containers. (Click to view the Home Recycling Guide.)
Number 4 Plastic: Number 4 plastic (LDPE) is typically used to make trash bags, grocery bags, and other types of plastic film packaging. It is also often used to make storage containers and plastic totes. Plastic bags may be bagged together as mixed film. Any other type of hard number 4 plastics should be included with other mixed containers. (See Home Recycling Guide)
Number 5 Plastic: Number 5 plastic (PP) is typically used for butter dishes, yogurt cups, medicine bottles, plastic cups, and pots for plants. Number 5 plastics should be added to the mixed containers when sorting at home. See the Home Recycling Guide for more information about recycling as home.
Number 6 Plastic
Number 7 Plastic:
Clear Plastic Film:  
Mixed Plastic Film:
Other Hard Plastic:  
Any questions about the types of plastic GCRC accepts can be directed to the recycling center. Please call 928-348-  

Paper Products

GCRC accepts all types of rigid plastic and plastic film. Below is a list of all the types of plastic GCRC accepts.
Cardboard - GCRC accepts all types of corrugated cardboard. We do ask that boxes be flattened before they are brought to the recycling center. Flattened boxes take up less room in the collection containers. Corrugated Cardboard should be put into the collection container labeled "Cardboard".
Newspaper - Newspaper is easy to recycle. Many people will stack newspaper, including the inserts, then tie the stacks into bundles. Bundled Newspaper is preferred as it is more recyclable, but it may also be included with mixed paper if that is easier. There are collection containers at the recycling center for both mixed paper and newspaper.
Paperboard - Paperboard is often confused with cardboard. The difference is that paperboard isn't corrugated. Examples of paperboard are cereal boxes, shoes boxes, rigid mailing envelopes, etc. Paperboard should be included with mixed paper.  
Discarded Books - All types of discarded and damaged books my be brought to the recycling center including phonebooks, catalogs, magazines with glue binding, etc. Please do not include them in the mixed paper because they have to be separated because of the glue bindings. Put them in a separate box or bag and leave at the center.
Junk mail - Advertisements, stapled magazines, window envelopes, envelopes with clasps, postcards, etc., may all be recycled as mixed paper.  

Recyclable Metals

GCRC accepts all types of recyclable metals as a donation. The proceeds from the sale of the metals is used to support the programs of GCRC. Below is a list of the metals that GCRC accepts.
Aluminum Cans- Aluminum cans my be brought as a donation to the center. GCRC does not pay for aluminum cans, but your donation of aluminum cans helps to support the programs of GCRC and the overall community. GCRC sells the aluminum cans donated to Vista Recycling helping to benefit our local economy. Aluminum cans may be bagged with the mixed containers. (See Home Recycling Guide here.)
Steel/Tin Cans - Tin cans including vegetable cans, coffee cans, etc., may be donated to GCRC for recycling. The cans do not have to be cleaned, but make sure all food has been removed by giving the can a quick rinse since the cans have to be sorted by hand. Tin cans may be bagged with the mixed containers. (See Home Recycling Guide here.)
Aluminum Foil -
Electronics - GCRC will accept computers, printers, vcr's, DVD players, and other obsolete or damaged equipment. We do not accept broken Televisions and Computer monitors. GCRC does offer Hard drive destruction as a part of the information destruction services. When donating electronic equipment, please let the employees know if the equipment is being donated as scrape for recycling or as equipment for resale in the Thrift Store.  
Appliances - GCRC will accept metal appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers, microwaves, etc. Please let the employees at the center know  
Other Metals - GCRC will also accept donations of aluminum, brass, copper, steel, electric motors, electrical wire, and so on. As a non-profit, GCRC only accepts these metals by donation. Click here for more information on tax deduct able donations.  
Make a Donation
Director Login